Sunday 2 October 2011

How will you treat the n-word going forward? Will you say it? Do you have it in you (in a negative way, given the situation)?

I will definitely treat it the exact same way I always have. I never want to say the word because I think it is horribly offensive and completely unnecessary for anyone to use in a way that is not historical. Even if I were referring to history, however, I would not say the actual word, because I do not think it is my place to. I don't think there will ever be an appropriate time in my life to use the n-word. I would never be in a situation, even if I was furious at an African American or Black person, where I would resort to using the n-word. It would never even occur to me to make fun of someone for their race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. If I ever got in a fight or was angry or upset with someone, it would be because of their personality or actions and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment